There is never enough practice for implementing activities. Each time a lesson is taught, a teacher learns something new about effective teaching practices through self-reflection, especially when implementing multiple content areas in one lesson for cross-disciplinary instruction.
Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Part 1: Implementation
For this field experience, you will deliver the literacy activity you created in Topic 2, or a lesson of your mentor’s choice, to a small group of students that your mentor teacher has selected. Remember to focus on:
- Instructional strategies for literacy development.
- Differentiation, including accommodations to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Creating engagement and promoting discussion.
Part 2: Mentor Feedback
After your implementation, ask your mentor teacher the following:
- How effectively did I integrate literacy into the activity?
- Were students engaged?
- How effectively did I meet the needs of all students?
- What did I do well and what can I do better?
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Part 3: Personal Reflection
- How did I integrate literacy in the activity?
- Did students demonstrate the concepts of the activity? How?
- How did I differentiate by using resources and/or technology to make necessary accommodations in the activity?
- What do I feel went well in the class and what might have gone better?
- How did I know if the students met the learning objective of the activity?
- What would my next steps be for my future practice?
Write a reflection of 250-500 words summarizing your implementation experience, mentor’s feedback, and your personal reflection.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
Creating engagement and promoting discussion. was first posted on July 15, 2019 at 3:32 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com