Week 3 Assignment
Application: Individual Case Study: Hiring Practices
- Select oneof these two cases for your individual case study:
- Nkomo 38. Case: A Solution for Adverse Impact (p. 118)
- Nkomo 40. Exercise: Evaluating the Recruiting Function (p. 123)
- Review the Learning Resources that provide information on how to complete the calculations relevant to your chosen case.
- For Nkomo 38. Case, this includes information on adverse impact in the textbook and optional study notes.
- For Nkomo 40. Exercise, this includes information on how to calculate selection and acceptance rates on pp. 211–212 of your Mathis text.
- Locate at least one external resource from the Walden Library or the Internet to help with analysis of your chosen case.
- Review the Week 3 Assignment Template in the Learning Resources.
- Job analysis homepage.
Submit by Day 7 a paper (500–700 words) that includes the following:
- Calculations relevant to your case study:
- For Nkomo 38 Case; this includes adverse impact
- For Nkomo 40 Exercise; this includes selection and acceptance rates for the position (you do not need to calculate the other yield rates on page 211 of the Mathis text)
- Answers to the questions associated with your case that meet the following requirements:
- Double-spaced paragraphs
- The question used as the header for each answer
- APA style format
- Support from external sources with correct APA citations
- An APA reference list
- Two job-related interview questions based on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other characteristics (KSAOs) associated with your case and an explanation of how the questions relate to the KSAOs
- Mathis, R. L., Jackson, J. H., & Valentine, S. R. (2014). Human resource management(14th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 4, “Workforce, Jobs, and Job Analysis” (pp. 110–145)
- Chapter 6, “Recruiting and Labor Markets” (pp. 180–217)
- Chapter 7, “Selecting Human Resources” (pp. 218–256)
- Nkomo, S. M., Fottler, M. D., & McAfee, R. B. (2011). Human resource management applications: Cases, exercises, incidents, and skill builders(7th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
- Chapter 28, “Exercise: Which Employee Should be Terminated?” (pp. 91–92)
- Chapter 38, “Case: A Solution for Adverse Impact” (pp. 118–121)
- Chapter 40, “Exercise: Evaluating the Recruiting Function” (pp. 123–126)
- HR-Guide.com. (n.d.). Job analysis homepage. Retrieved September 16, 2014, from http://www.job-analysis.net/
Recruiting and Labor Markets was first posted on July 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm.
©2019 "nursingassignmenttutor.com". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org