As a nurse engaged in evidence-based practice, it is important to recognize how statistics and other data analysis tools are used to generate and assess evidence. Most nurses need only a foundational understanding of statistical tools and terminology to understand the majority of research studies. As a nurse, you should be able to recognize the most commonly used statistical tests, how and when they are used, and how significance is determined.
In this Discussion, you examine different types of statistics and statistical tests, when and why these particular tests would be selected for use, and, most importantly, what the results indicate. To this end, you will be assigned to a group by Day 1 of this week. Each group will be assigned one of the five chapters listed in this week’s Learning Resources and will develop a study sheet on their chapter that will be shared with the other groups.
- Review the information in your assigned chapter (Chapter 19 p. 473 to 477. Credibility of Quantitative Results See attached file)
- Write a minimum of 200 to 250 words in APA format that includes the following:
- The key concepts of the chapter: Focus on the basic concepts that are important for nurses to understand as they review research studies. ( In this case, focus only on Credibility of Quantitative Results)
- A description of the statistical methods covered in the chapter, what they measure, and under what circumstances they are used. Identify examples of how the statistical methods have been used in research studies. ( In this case, focus only on Credibility of Quantitative Results
- An explanation of the key statistical tests and how they measure significance (if applicable). ( In this case, focus only on Credibility of Quantitative Results )
- Polit, D. F., & Beck, C. T. (2012). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.).Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.Chapter 19, “Processes of Quantitative Data Analysis and Interpretation”
The previous chapters have described a number of different statistical tests used to examine data in a quantitative study; this chapter focuses on how to analyze and interpret the results. It describes the steps in the analysis process and how to determine the credibility of the results.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Types of statistics and statistical tests, when and why these particular tests would be selected for use appeared first on Nursing Assignments Desk.